7/11/15

winter green

I've been picking photos from the archives for a few weeks because it's been rainy and cold, as it is most winters. Fortunately, the snow has stayed to the east and south of us,which doesn't hurt my feelings at all!

The reality is that New Zealand is green year round with the pine trees that are everywhere in Taranaki. We get many shades of green with the different types of trees, so I don't ever feel like winter has truly arrived. In my book, that's not a bad thing.

I love the macrocarpa trees, even though they aren't native to NZ. The seem to me to be fighters that keep growing even when the wind has torn the branches away.







10 comments:

Tom said...

Beautiful countryside. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

When I vissited the Nrth ISland some years back, it reminded me of back home here in Ireland and as you know it is very green all the time also. Have a lovely weekend.

Gattina said...

What a beautiful landscape !

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Love the one of the stand against the mountains!

If it is any consolation it is cold and wet in Scotland too... in summer! Don't be fooled by all that Wimbledon nonsense. Most points North of there have it differently!!! YAM xx

Rhonda Albom said...

Nice. The third photo is my favorite of the set.

John said...

The first stands out for me

Anonymous said...

that is really interesting to see actual photos of NZ !
I have two friends, who have a Daughter and her newborn son in NZ. They visited NZ and they are like changed. so happy!
springtime will come! I know this feeling, when we wish winter should end!
Herzlich Pippa

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That's kind of like Oregon winters were (or still are for those who are here of course). Often gray skies, wet and cold. But still green from evergreens.

Kim Cunningham said...

I love those trees! So unique, to me!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely greens in all of your shots, Betty, but the first one is my fave!
Thank you for participating in the Friday Greens meme, I look forward to your next contribution.